Concerning the Course
Developed after months of planning and analysis, suggestions, and improvisation, this course by Lawctopus Legislation Faculty goals to show college students, younger professionals, and academicians the basics of authorized analysis and writing.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a pupil, company worker or academician, you could have sturdy analysis and writing expertise.
Whereas this course focuses on authorized analysis, college students from completely different fields may even discover the data very helpful.
How the course will enable you to?
The information and expertise you study from the course will enable you to:
- Develop wonderful analysis and writing expertise
- Write wonderful, publishable analysis papers that enhance your ‘self’ and your ‘CV’
- Learn to go about any analysis which you want to undertake
- Draft high-quality authorized opinions or moot memorials
Need to discuss to somebody earlier than taking a choice? Name the counsellor Snigdha Ghatak at +91-9711614572, between 10.30 am to 7.30 pm (apart from Mondays).
The course accommodates eight modules:
Module I introduces you to the concept of analysis usually. It asks: how ought to analysis be completed? Everybody has a unique reply to this seemingly easy query. This module tells you some widespread solutions and asks you to choose the one you want.
Module II is about analysis design. It tells you the steps of a analysis course of and discusses them briefly – selecting the subject and title, understanding and explaining the framework of your analysis, developing with a analysis downside, making a analysis query & speculation, deciding the analysis methodology & methodology, and writing & presenting the analysis.
Precisely how you are taking these steps relies upon, in fact, on the philosophy (‘reply’) you choose in Module I.
ASSIGNMENT 1: Select a analysis matter, analysis questions, and get private suggestions from our material specialists.
Module III tells you extra concerning the analysis methodology & methodology. What’s “methodology”? What’s “methodology”?
Though you’d have already learn these phrases in Module II, Module III offers you extra element. It additionally explains how the varied analysis methodologies may be labeled below the headings qualitative, quantitative and combined.
Lastly, it tells you which ones methodologies and strategies are greatest suited to doctrinal/analytical and empirical analysis.
Module IV dives straight into doctrinal/analytical analysis strategies. How do you analysis a given authorized problem? How do you discover the proper laws or case regulation? This module explains tips on how to greatest use out there assets to search out the authority you want.
Module V is the empirical counterpart of Module IV. It discusses the varied sorts of analysis strategies below qualitative in addition to quantitative methodologies.
ASSIGNMENT 2: Submit a tough draft, with the construction of your paper and literature evaluate spelt out. Get suggestions from our material specialists.
Module VI addresses tips on how to current authorized analysis in writing.
Module VII explains tips on how to current authorized analysis verbally.
ASSIGNMENT 3: Submit a good draft, with footnotes, references, and so forth. Get suggestions once more!
Module VIII offers with the ethics of authorized analysis. What are the practices you could do throughout analysis, and which of them should you keep away from? This module explains varied eventualities wherein ethics change into vital.
ASSIGNMENT 4: Submission of the ultimate paper.
ASSIGNMENT 5: Presentation of your paper earlier than a panel (for best-performing college students)
The course now has a full-fledged ‘Assignments Module’ which addresses the elemental, sensible questions of doing authorized analysis and writing like:
- How do I discover literature gaps? “Every part I learn appears alright. I don’t know tips on how to produce one thing novel”.
- What all ought to I footnote? How do I do this?
- How do I get printed in prime regulation journals and win essay competitions?
The course has been ready by Abhayraj Naik, Shrutanjaya Bhardwaj, and Anupama Sharma. The supply of the course might be completed by the e-learning and subject-matter specialists at Lawctopus.
Tanuj Kalia, our CEO, and Jatin Garg (an skilled in authorized tutorial design) labored on the general coordination and planning of the course.
Abhayraj Naik did his BA LLB (Hons.) from NLSIU Bangalore in 2006 and LLM from Yale Legislation Faculty in 2009.
He’s at present an impartial researcher and advisor and has beforehand taught in faculties like JGLS, Azim Premji College, and NLSIU. He has additionally been a analysis fellow at SARAI-CSDS, and a researcher on the Setting Assist Group in Bangalore.
Shrutanjaya Bhardwaj is the lead researcher and author of this course. He accomplished his BA LLB (Hons.) from NLUD in 2017 the place he was awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Gold Medal for the Greatest Total Pupil (Male).
He then labored on the chambers of Gopal Sankarnarayanan for a yr after which went on to finish LLM from Michigan Legislation Faculty in 2019.
Vershika Sharma is the Studying Supervisor for this course and the dwell lessons’ college for the course.
Vershika graduated from NLU Jodhpur with a stream rank 1, hons. Rank 1 and batch rank 3. She accomplished her LLM from HPNLU, Shimla the place she once more topped the batch.
Vastly invested and enthusiastic about training, Vershika has been a tutorial mentor at IDIA, Rajasthan. Vershika has taught over 300 college students the intricacies of authorized analysis and writing. To reinforce her on-line educating expertise, Vershika additionally accomplished an intensive on-line course on ‘The Artwork of Facilitation‘ from Colab.x. Her college students cherished her lessons earlier than that, now they love the lessons much more!
Prof. Anupama Sharma is an Assistant Professor at JGLS, Sonipat. She has accomplished B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) from the NUJS, Kolkata in 2014, and LL.M. from the College of Cambridge, UK in June 2015, and is at present pursuing her Ph.D. from the College of Hong Kong.
She has been part of varied analysis tasks run by establishments and organizations, corresponding to Cambridge Professional Bono Mission, Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI), Worldwide Justice Mission, and so forth. She has additionally been a Legislative Overview Crew member for the Journal of Indian Legislation and Society (JILS).
Who is that this course for?
- Undergraduate and postgraduate college students of regulation
- School members within the fields of regulation, social sciences, and enterprise wishing to strengthen their fundamentals of authorized analysis and writing
- Younger attorneys (each litigators and people working in regulation companies)
- College students of different streams considering gaining authorized analysis and writing expertise
Period: 8 weeks.
Course charge: Rs. 4800 (inclusive of GST)
Mode of studying:
- Utterly on-line and self-paced
- Recorded video lectures
- 7-8 dwell lectures for clearing of doubts, dialogue on assignments, and so forth.
- Textual content-based modules and studying assets
- On-line based mostly discussion board for doubts
- Task: submission of a brief analysis paper
- Optionally available reflective workouts
- Dwell and unique webinars on careers in authorized analysis, CV-building, and so forth.
We exit of our method to help our college students!
- Dwell orientation session which tells you about our platform and tips on how to make full use of the course.
- 4-6 dwell periods with material specialists (in these dwell lessons you make clear your doubts, focus on your analysis tasks, and find out about analysis and writing from one other skilled).
- A broadcast solely Whatsapp group to verify updates simply and quick.
- 4-level suggestions in your project (submission of a analysis paper)
- Get a certificates issued by Lawctopus after the profitable completion of the course
- Free profession counselling, CV, and profession steering webinars for everybody
- Get preferable internship slots (for the top-performing 2-4 college students in every batch)
- An opportunity to get printed on Academike, Lawctopus’ Legislation Journal (ISSN: 2349-9796)
- A chance to mentor future batches for senior college students, academicians, and practitioners (this can be a paid, part-time, work-from-position at Lawctopus)
When you’ve got any questions, please go away a touch upon this submit or e mail at [email protected]
Some achievements of the scholars of Lawctopus’ Authorized Analysis and Writing Course until now:
1. Our college students have gotten their articles printed on the next platforms:
- NUALS Legislation Journal
- Legislation Faculty Coverage Overview
2. Among the achievements of our college students/tasks our college students are engaged on:
- Presenting their papers in a world seminar on Liberty
- Securing a Analysis Assistantship with a Professor from the Oxford College
- Engaged on a authorized historical past undertaking within the Bombay Excessive Court docket.
- Securing a analysis internship with a number one training supplier
3. Because of the wonderful analysis, writing, and modifying expertise, lots of our college students submit higher CVs and writing samples which has result in a dozen of internship gives.
4. A lot of our college students have received the nation’s greatest authorized essay writing competitions after this course!
These are simply indicative checklist of achievements. Whereas these achievements are because of the college students’ personal initiative and laborious work, they’ve informed us that the course helped them in direction of these, and we couldn’t be happier!
This course teaches you Authorized Analysis and Writing from A to Z!
Whether or not you’re a 1st-year regulation pupil from a lesser ranked regulation school, or whether or not you might be an skilled college member who already has a PhD or chances are you’ll even be a practising lawyer wishing to know what the precise course of behind high quality authorized analysis and writing can appear to be, you’ll discover this course of nice utility and spark!
1. Do now we have a dwell class daily?
No. We now have:
- Recorded lectures by Mr. Abhayraj Naik
- 4-five 90-minute dwell lessons unfold all through the course performed by our material specialists (Prof. Anupama Sharma, Advocate Shrutanjaya Bhardwaj and different equally achieved specialists). The precise schedule of the lessons is launched beforehand.
- A well-researched studying materials
- A dialogue discussion board (for addressing doubts)
- 1 giant project (divided into 4 mini-assignments)
- Orientation periods and competitors periods
- Open periods
- Add-on webinars on varied profession elements
2. What number of hours ought to I spend daily to finish the course?
We recommend that you just spend roughly 3-5 hours/week doing the course.
If you spend these 3-5 hours is as much as you. Chances are you’ll spend round 40 minutes every day or do it over the weekend.
3. I’ve by no means completed any analysis or writing. Can I do that course?
Sure, this course is designed to assist an absolute beginner to study the basics and nuances of authorized analysis and writing.
Even senior academicians discover the course of immense use.
In case you are an expert trying to enhance their analysis and writing expertise, this course will enable you to too.
4. The course period is 2 months lengthy. Can I entry the course after the two months are over?
Sure, you possibly can entry the course for a whole of 4 months [2 months to complete the course + 2 months to review the course].
Please word that the course is full by the top of the 2nd month. We now have strict deadlines for submission of the 4 mini-assignments which need to be adopted.
Nevertheless, if you wish to revisit and revise the fabric within the course, you are able to do that for two months after the completion of the course.
So the entry is given for 4 months.
Register for the course here now!
5. What if I miss a dwell class?
We encourage you to attend the dwell lessons after thorough preparations.
Similar to the actual attraction of a dwell match/efficiency is watching it dwell, the actual worth of a dwell class is in attending it dwell! Plenty of new, sensible issues are coated; and naturally, your questions are addressed too.
Nevertheless, should you miss the dwell class, you possibly can watch the recorded model of the dwell class which is uploaded for the precise batch solely.
6. How will this course assist me in my profession?
Good analysis and writing expertise are completely essential (no questions requested) for any information skilled.
Each authorized skilled, whether or not a company lawyer or a litigator, a choose or an academician, requires good authorized analysis and writing expertise.
By means of this course, you’ll study these core expertise.
Contemplate this: even your CV and canopy letters are evaluated by recruiters as quick writing samples. Is it written properly, formatted properly? Apparently, our college students have informed us that after this course their internship functions which have been rejected earlier weren’t getting accepted!
Good analysis and writing expertise are transferable to a number of domains.
The course may even enable you to do properly in moots, publications, and conferences and seminars.
7. What are the assignments within the course?
There is just one obligatory project: submission of a 1500-2500 phrase quick analysis essay.
The project is split into 4 mini-assignments. Submission of:
- A analysis matter and questions
- An preliminary literature evaluate and a tough construction
- Tough draft with references and footnotes
- Ultimate analysis paper
Every mini-assignment is adopted by suggestions from the school. Every pupil is given suggestions. We delight on having the ability to give 4-level suggestions.
8. Will the course assist me do an ‘X’ or a ‘Y’ draft?
The intention of the course is to show you authorized analysis and writing expertise.
Any kind of authorized drafting, civil or felony or company, requires good analysis and writing expertise.
The main focus of this course isn’t on explicit drafts, however on authorized analysis and writing because the broader skill-set.
9. Can I do that course with out gaining access to Manupatra, SCCOnline, library?
There are a lot of free, open sources out there on-line which might help you along with your analysis. SSRN, Google Scholar, ResearchGate, IndianKanoon, Authorities web sites, and lots of free and open regulation journals (each from India and overseas), are a wonderful repository of data, info, and insights. We additionally present a listing of such sources.
Register for the course by clicking here now!