The Transformers: The Movie is celebrating its thirty fifth anniversary this yr, and Shout Manufacturing facility is lastly bringing the animated flick residence in 4K Extremely HD. The corporate is about to launch a brand new steelbook version of the 1986 basic in time for summer season. And pre-orders of the model new, restricted version launch can be found now.
As of this writing, the Transformers: The Film 4k thirty fifth anniversary restricted version steelbook is obtainable for pre-order. The retail value is about at $32.98. At present, the worth is lowered to $28.43. How lengthy that can final precisely stays to be seen. Apart from having an ultra-high-definition model of the film to observe, this new launch comes loaded with bonus options. Per Shout Factor, here is what to anticipate from the two-disc launch…
- Bonus Options:
- New 4K Switch Of Unique Movie Parts
- New Characteristic-Size Storyboards, Together with Deleted, Alternate and Prolonged Sequences
- New Fathom Occasions thirtieth Anniversary Featurette, Together with Stan Bush’s Acoustic Performances Of “The Contact” And “Dare”
- ‘Til All Are One – A Complete Documentary Wanting Again At The Transformers: The Film With Members Of The Forged and Crew, Together with Story Guide Flint Dille, Forged Members Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, Singer/Songwriter Stan Bush, Composer Vince DiCola and Others!
- Audio Commentary With Director Nelson Shin, Story Guide Flint Dille and Star Susan Blu
- Archival Featurettes – “The Dying Of Optimus Prime,” “The Forged & Characters,” and “Transformers Q&A”
- Animated Storyboards
- Unique Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
Directed by Nelson Shin, Transformers: The Film was launched theatrically in 1986. It takes place in the identical continuity as the unique animated sequence, which helped flip the Hasbro toys right into a family identify. It wasn’t precisely an enormous field workplace hit on the time however has since lived on as a truly beloved piece of the franchise for 3 and a half a long time.
Transformers: The Film takes place within the yr 2005. For millennia, the Autobots, led by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen), have been at warfare with the evil Megatron (Frank Welker) and his Decepticons. They’ve been battling for management of their residence planet, Cybertron. However a good higher risk within the type of Unicron (Orson Welles), a large remodeling planet that devours every thing in its path, is heading for Cybertron. The one hope to avoid wasting their planet is the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.
Apart from this re-release, rather a lot is occurring with the Transformers franchise general proper now. Not one, however two totally different new animated exhibits are within the works, one for Netflix and one for Nickelodeon. On the film facet, a number of tasks are in growth, together with a new live-action Autobots movie that’s casting up in the intervening time. A title for the film has but to be revealed.Bumblebee 2 is, or no less than was, in growth at one level as nicely.
There’s additionally a Beast Wars spin-off within the works, in addition to an animated function from Toy Story 4 director Josh Cooley. Those that want to pre-order a duplicate of Transformers: The Film can head on over to ShoutFactory.com.