Purposes are invited for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 by Govt. of Canada.
Concerning the Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program supplies funding to the easiest postdoctoral candidates, each nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the nation’s financial, social, and research-based progress.
The target of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- entice and retain top-tier postdoctoral expertise, each nationally and internationally
- develop their management potential
- place them for fulfillment as analysis leaders of tomorrow
No. of Fellowships
- 70 fellowships are awarded yearly
- roughly 140 awards are lively at any time.
Citizenship and site of host establishment
Canadian residents, everlasting residents of Canada and overseas residents are eligible to use, offered they meet the next circumstances:
- Candidates who should not Canadian residents or everlasting residents of Canada might solely maintain their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian establishment.
- Candidates who’re Canadian residents or everlasting residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or well being skilled diploma from a overseas college might solely maintain their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian establishment.
- Candidates who’re Canadian residents or everlasting residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or well being skilled diploma from a Canadian college might maintain their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at both a Canadian establishment or an establishment outdoors of Canada.
Eligibility window for diploma completion
Candidates to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program should fulfill or have fulfilled all diploma necessities for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or well being skilled diploma:
- between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- earlier than the beginning date of their award.
Candidates who haven’t fulfilled all necessities for his or her diploma on the time of software should submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
For candidates who’ve accomplished a couple of PhD, PhD-equivalent or well being skilled diploma, the eligibility window applies to the most up-to-date of those levels.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per 12 months. There are not any further funds offered for journey/analysis.
Overview Course of
- All eligible functions to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program bear an analysis by a range committee from one of many three federal granting businesses: the Canadian Institutes of Well being Analysis (CIHR), the Pure Sciences and Engineering Analysis Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Analysis Council (SSHRC).
- Purposes are reviewed towards three (3) equally weighted choice standards, and ranked.
- The ranked listing of all of the functions is submitted to the Tri-Company Applications (TAP) Steering Committee for his or her approval.
- The TAP Steering Committee, made up of the presidents of the three federal granting businesses and the deputy ministers of Innovation, Science and Financial Growth Canada and of Well being Canada, approves the ultimate slate of 70 awardees yearly.
How one can Apply?
candidates can apply for the fellowship by means of this link.
|April to September 2021||Candidates search endorsement from host establishment to use, put together and submit software (establishments might have inner deadlines).|
|September 22, 2021
|Deadline for full software submission|
|October to December 2021||Analysis of functions|
|Mid-February 2022||Anticipated notification of outcomes. Candidates will probably be notified by electronic mail when the outcomes can be found on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2022||Funds start|
Extra such alternatives that you simply may be interested by: