Inter-College Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is inviting functions for ONE Analysis Affiliate at degree III (RA-III) place to work on the “Optical clock based mostly correct time stamping in quantum communication” undertaking at its Precision & Quantum Measurement lab.
This undertaking is funded by the Division of Science and Know-how (DST), Govt. of India for 3 years underneath their flagship Quantum Enabled Science and Know-how (QuEST) program.
- The PQM-lab is creating an optical atomic clock utilizing ytterbium-ion, which will likely be confined in an electrodynamic entice and cooled to just about zero Kelvin temperature utilizing ion trapping and laser cooling strategies.
- Such an atomic clock may have unprecedented accuracy, which is an indispensable requisite for many of the quantum-phenomena based mostly applied sciences.
- India is eager on creating such atomic clocks to help its quantum mission, which has varied functions ranging from strategic sector, superior communication & navigation, meteorology, finance, e-governance and plenty of extra.
- Aside from supporting varied rising quantum applied sciences, at IUCAA we have an interest to conduct subtle experiments to research but unanswered questions in basis of science. A few of these experiments shall goal to measure the fidelity of the elemental constants; violation of the elemental symmetries and Geodic measurements.
- The experimental facility on the PQM-lab shall comprise of a trapped ytterbium-ion (Yb+ ) optical clock for absolutely the optical referencing, ultra-stable Fabry-Perot (FP) cavity that acts as a gradual optical oscillator and used to generate slender line-width ultra-stable laser to probe the clock transition, stabilized optical frequency-comb to synthesize frequency of the clock transition frequency and part stabilized link-fibre for dissemination of the reference photons with out shedding their traits.
- Collaborative help on completely different facets of the experimental and instrumentational works, reminiscent of, lasers & optics, electronics, mechanical, designing, simulation will likely be required to develop this state-ofthe-art experiment.
- The chosen candidate will get alternative to work on interdisciplinary areas which can be required for establishing of the experiment. A few of these are, simulation; designing, fabrication, testing of indigenous devices within the area of lasers & optics, creating low-noise analog & digital electronics, creating FPGA based mostly techniques, ultra-high vacuum, mechanical & software program improvement and so forth.
- Aside from the instrumentation, they must work on physics issues which is critical to fulfill the experimental objectives.
- A full fledged experiment entails a number of work-packages; creating these require experience in interdisciplinary fields. Inside a lab, this may be achieved by working in a collaborative method
Qualification and Expertise
- Ph. D. in Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation / Optical engineering/ nano Fabrication / different associated areas. Candidates who’ve submitted/ defended their PhD thesis and are ready for closing diploma may also apply.
- Or, ME/ M. Tech in Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation / Optical engineering/ different associated areas with minimal three years’ expertise and having at-least one authentic analysis paper in SCI journals.
- Fascinating expertise in C, C++, Python, Matlab/ Mathematica / VHDL/ LabVIEW/ Solidworks / COMSOL/ ANSYS/ digital & analog electronics/ optics/ fabrication will likely be helpful.
- The chosen candidates will obtain a month-to-month fellowship of Rs. 54,000 + HRA (HRA will likely be supplied provided that he/she doesn’t avail IUCAA’s lodging).
- The lastly supplied candidate can begin to work instantly after the choice or later relying on the pandemic scenario / mutually agreeable date. The whole tenure of the place is for 3 years or until the tip of the undertaking, whichever comes first, and is renewable yearly based mostly on efficiency.
Find out how to Apply?
Purposes in a “single PDF” should embody:
- an in depth curriculum vitae mentioning theoretical, experimental, instrumentation and different working expertise,
- checklist of publications
- a press release of objective
No less than two letters of advice are wanted, which the reviewers can ship on to [email protected] Point out within the topic line ‘RA software on the PQM-lab’ and ship the PDF file to [email protected]. Incomplete functions will likely be rejected.
July 23, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Research Associate – III at Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune.
Extra such alternatives that you just is perhaps focused on: