Submission are invited for NASA CineSpace Brief Movie Competitors 2021. The final date of software submission is 14 July 2021.
Submit a brief movie impressed by, and utilizing, precise footage from NASA’s digital archives for an opportunity to earn money prizes, have your movie screened by famend director Richard Linklater (Boyhood, Dazed and Confused), and get programmed into the Houston Cinema Arts Pageant this November.
About NASA CineSpace Brief Movie Competitors 2021
The competitors gives creators around the globe an opportunity to share their movies impressed by and utilizing NASA imagery, enabling curiosity and fostering artistic relationships on the intersection of artwork and science. Submissions that includes actual NASA footage from 60 years of house exploration will probably be judged on creativity, innovation and a spotlight to element.
As in earlier years, filmmakers will compete for $26,000 in money prizes, with awards going to the highest three general winners and winners of two particular classes: Greatest Academic Movie on Area and Science and Movie That Greatest Depicts Unity and Inclusion in Science.
Filmmakers of all expertise ranges from around the globe are welcome to submit their movies for consideration. The competitors is inclusive of all genres, together with narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, animation, experimental and others.
Movies will probably be submitted to the content material creation platform Tongal. Movie entries have to be not more than 10 minutes and include no less than 10 % of publicly accessible NASA imagery. Finalists are chosen from the submissions and reviewed by Academy Award ® nominee Richard Linklater who awards the primary, second, and third place prizes.
The Screenings and Competitors (hereafter “Competitors”) is obtainable and open solely to pure individuals who’re no less than 18 years of age on the time of entry. Dad and mom and guardians of filmmakers youthful than 18 can submit on their behalf.
The next individuals will not be eligible to win prizes: staff of NASA, Houston Cinema Arts Society (hereafter “HCAS”) and their Board, staff of distributors to NASA or HCAS which have contracted to offer providers to or in reference to the Competitors, members of the Choice Committee, the Competitors judges, and members of the households of the foregoing individuals (collectively, the “Competitors Events”).
- Open Date: March 1, 2021
- Shut Date: July 14, 2021 at 2 p.m. CDT
- The competitors is inclusive of all genres, together with narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, animation, experimental and others. Movies will probably be submitted to the content material creation platform Tongal.
- There isn’t any entry payment to undergo CineSpace. Chances are you’ll submit as much as 5 quick movies.
The Jury will think about the next standards to pick out Finalists and award Winners:
- Is the work based mostly on progressive creative presentation and storytelling?
- Does the work provoke an emotional response?
- Does the work present a mastery of filmmaking?
- Does the work present a excessive degree of technical, conceptual, and aesthetic innovation and show an distinctive artistic imaginative and prescient?
- Does the work present an exemplary use of the unique NASA materials used?
- Further credit score for utilizing uncommon or obscure NASA imagery that hasn’t been used earlier than.
The Choice Committee and Competitors Judges (collectively the “Jury”) will award the next prizes:
- Grand Prize: USD $10,000
- Second Prize: USD $5,000
- Third Prize: USD $3,000
- Particular Classes: Academic Movie That Greatest Highlights Impacts of Area and Science: USD $4,000 & Movie That Greatest Depicts Unity and Inclusion in Science: USD $4,000
Electronic mail: information[at]tongal.com
You might also be excited by: