Ravi Chopra was a well-known Indian film producer and director. He was the son of B. R. Chopra, and he labored collectively along with his father in directing one of many essential worthwhile Indian television assortment, Mahabharat. Ravi Chopra died on 12 November 2014 due to a lung ailment.
Ravi Chopra was born on Friday, 27 September 1946 (Age 68 years; on the time of dying) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Libra. Ravi pursued BA from St. Xavier’s, Mumbai. After ending his diploma, Ravi joined his father inside the BR Films manufacturing residence and commenced aiding him in directing movement photos and television assortment.
Hair Coloration: Black
Eyes Coloration: Black
Family & Caste
Ravi was born in a Hindu (Arya Samaji) family in Mumbai.
Mom and father
Ravi Chopra is the son of the well-known director and producer, B. R. Chopra. His mother’s title is Prakash Chopra. Ravi Chopra had two siblings, Shashi Chopra and Bina Chopra. The Chopra family has been mates with Johar’s family for a extremely very very long time. B. R. Chopra’s sister Hiroo Johar purchased married to Yash Johar, an Indian film producer.
Partner & Children
Ravi Chopra purchased married to Renu Chopra on 18 November 1975 after spending a yr collectively. Renu’s family and Ravi’s family knew each other, they often every purchased married to 1 one other after the discharge of Ravi’s first movie as a director, Zameer. They’ve two sons, Abhay Chopra and Kapil Chopra.
Ravi Chopra started his occupation as an assistant director and helped his father, B. R. Chopra, and uncle Yash Raj Chopra in directing movement photos. Ravi always wanted to direct movement photos independently, and he made his debut as a director in 1975 with Zameer. Ravi moreover directed the epic television assortment Mahabharat. Ravi made his debut as an neutral director with the film Zameer (1975); starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saira Banu, and Shammi Kapoor. Along with this, Ravi moreover directed television assortment based totally on historic Sanskrit scripts like Vishnupuran and Ramayan. In 1980, Ravi Chopra directed ‘The Burning Follow,’ which grew to turn into a cult conventional over time. This movement thriller was very worthwhile inside the theatres. One different milestone in Ravi’s journey was Aaj Ki Awaaz (1984), a political thriller starring Smita Patil and Raj Babbar. Definitely one in all his most celebrated movement photos is Baghban (2003). This movie started slowly on the sector office and it was criticized for its story-line. Nonetheless, the youthful period and people of their early 30’s started relating to the movie and it turned out to be a super-hit movie. The ultimate movie he labored on as a director was Baabul in 2006. Since then, Ravi labored as a producer on two movies- Bhoothnath (2008) and Bhoothnath Returns (2013).
In October 2012, Ravi was acknowledged with a excessive lung ailment and was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai. The medical docs believed that it was lung most cancers nonetheless after positive assessments, they found that his diaphragm purchased paralyzed because of one amongst his phrenic nerves was damaged. A transportable ventilator was imported from Sweden, and it was related to his wind-pipe. Ravi Chopra died on 12 November 2014 at Breach Candy Hospital.
In 2009, Ravi Chopra was served with a licensed uncover by the American film studio, twentieth Century Fox. The studio charged them saying that Ravi Chopra’s upcoming movie “Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai” was a replica of the 1992 Hollywood comedy movie, My Cousin Vinny. This was the first time a Bollywood filmmaker was in a licensed battle with a Hollywood agency. The damages have been settled by Ravi Chopra by paying $1.4 million to Fox studios, and the movie nonetheless stays unreleased.
- Ravi Chopra was a company believer in numerology. His lucky numbers have been 1, 3, 5, 6, and 9.
- Ravi Chopra was shut mates with Salman Khan. All through his days inside the hospital, Salman would often go to him and sit with him for hours.
- When Ravi Chopra was positioned on a ventilator, he used to talk by an iPad as he had downside in speaking.
- Ravi Chopra believed in making motion pictures which have been entertaining however moreover had a social message. Beneath their manufacturing residence banner B R Films, they made quite a lot of motion pictures like ‘Nikaah’ (1982) which was based totally on a Muslim man’s correct to current divorce to his partner by saying talaq thrice. As well as they made movement photos like ‘Insaaf Ka Tarazu’ (1980) which dealt with rape and the hurt that comes with it and ‘Ek Hiya Raasta’ which focused on widow remarriage.
- Ravi Chopra’s son, Kapil Chopra is a director now. He wanted to make his debut as an actor with the film ‘Kohinoor’ nevertheless it certainly purchased shelved.
- Every family journey was relying on how the film performs inside the discipline office. The family went for a go to to Europe in 1959 and to Hong Kong and Tokyo in 1969 which indicated that the movies did properly on the sector office. Every time a movie turned out to be a flop one, the children would decrease down their payments to economize.
- Ravi Chopra was acknowledged to be flirt and he would often crack jokes throughout the set to keep up the ambiance gentle and breezy for everyone.