Tanishk Bagchi is an Indian music composer, producer, and singer who works primarily in Bollywood. He has moreover labored throughout the South Indian Motion pictures.
Tanishk Bagchi was born on Sunday, 23 November 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
He did his schooling from Frank Anthony Public School and Scottish Church Collegiate School in Kolkata. He did his BSc from the Metropolis School in Kolkata. When he was 5 to six years of age, he found to play the piano nevertheless left it 5 years later. On the age of 14 or 15, he started finding out music from his father.
Peak (approx): 5′ 7″
Eye Coloration: Black
Hair Coloration: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to a Bengali Hindu Family. His father, Nand Kumar Das is a blues and jazz participant and was an arranger with the veterans like R. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhary, and Satyajit Ray.
His mother, Sarmistha Barman is a Punjabi guitarist and pianist. She moreover can be a music coach and teaches western and classical music.
He has a youthful sister. Tanishk is married to Genevieve Baagchi Dmello, and the couple has two children.
As a Music Composer/Producer
Tanishk Bagchi started his music career as a composer with Vayu Srivastava as a part of the musical duo “Tanishk-Vayu.” They composed music for the TV reveals like Dance India Dance and Thapki Pyar Ki.
He made his Bollywood debut with the tune “Banno” from the film “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” (2015) along with Vayu.
He made his debut as a solo composer with the tune “Bolna” from the film “Kapoor and Sons” (2016).
He composed many hit songs resembling Bolna, The Humma Monitor, Badri Ki Dulhania (Title Observe), Tamma Tamma As soon as extra (Remake), Baarish, Sweety Tera Drama, Rangtaari, Dholida, Dilbar, O Saki Saki, Hauli Hauli (Remake), and Aankh Marey. He moreover composed music for a lot of music albums and singles resembling Leja Re, Vaaste, Choodiyan, Nai Jaana, and Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi. He made his Telugu debut with the “Adbhutam” from the film “Lover” in 2018.
He made his Malayalam debut with the tune “Psycho Saiyaan” from the film “Saaho” in 2019. He moreover labored throughout the Telugu mannequin of the equivalent tune.
Kanishk made his Tamil debut with the tune “Kadhal Psycho” from the 2019 film “Saaho.”
As a Singer
Tanishk Bagchi made his singing debut with the “The Humma Monitor (remake)” from the film “Okay Jaanu” (2017).
He has sung hit songs like Twist Kamariya, Baaki Rab Pe Chod De, Makhna, Khud Se Zyada, and Maaserati.
Totally different Works
Other than being a music composer and singer, Tanishk Bagchi can be a lyricist. He made his debut as a lyricist with the tune “Baarish” from the film “Half Girlfriend” (2017).
He has written lyrics for the hit songs like Twist Kamariya, Gazab Ka Hai Din (remake), Sawarne Lage, Akh Lad Jaave, Ve Maahi, Hauli Hauli (Remake), Shehar Ki Ladki, and Wakhra Swag (Remake).
Awards & Achievements
- Worldwide Indian Film Academy Awards for Most interesting Music Director for the film “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” along with Amaal Mallik and Akhil Sachdeva in 2017
- Mirchi Music Award for Critics’ Choice Upcoming Music Composer of the 12 months for the tune “Bolna” from the film “Kapoor & Sons” in 2016
- Guitarists: George Benson, Carlos Santana
- In his spare time, he each likes to sing or play sports activities actions like soccer or cricket. He moreover likes travelling.
- There’s a customized in his family that everyone has to resolve on their very personal surnames. Kanishk’s father’s surname is Das, and he took “Bagchi,” his grandfather’s surname as his ultimate establish.
- After he left finding out the piano in childhood, Kanishk started to take curiosity in singing. The oldsters most popular his voice and commenced to provide him to sing in reveals. He started incomes by singing in reveals and events.
- All through his youngsters, he launched his first album, which was recorded in Bengali. He launched his album at a great in Kolkata.
- Kanishk in no way took music critically; as he thought that it was not an ideal career selection; because it’d make it robust for him to assist his family financially.
- Since his childhood, he was all in favour of analysis and wished to show right into a pilot.
- On the age of 12, he started to jot down down songs in Hindi; because of he preferred it. He slowly began to sing and produce melodies.
- His mother impressed him to be taught music; because of she wished him to be a musician. Lastly, on the age of 15, he understood it and commenced to be taught music from his father.
- According to Tanishk, the happiest memory of his childhood is when he sang for the first time for a radio channel. The tune that he sang was “Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love for You” by George Benson.
- He gave his first on-stage effectivity at his school fest, the place he sang the title tune of the film “Dil Se” (1998) whereas participating within the guitar. The group preferred his effectivity and requested him to sing 9 events on the event.
- In 2000, he obtained right here to Mumbai to make his career throughout the self-discipline of music. He started by taking up small works for the composition. He moreover labored for TV Channels and Bhajans as a ghost composer.
- Kanishk Bagchi and Vayu Shrivastava have been seen by Aanand L. Rai (director of Tanu Weds Manu Returns), who heard their single “Oopar Oopar,” which he most popular and equipped him to compose a tune for his film.
- Kanishk is a big fan of A. R. Rahman, and Rahman’s album “Thiruda Thiruda” (1993) is his favourite one. Talking about it, Bagchi says-
It [had] the Blues and numerous funk. It was one factor throughout the Michael Jackson home, however so Indian and classical.”